Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Virtualized Networking Acceleration Technologies - Part II


In Part I of this series of posts, I recapped my research on these virtualized networking technologies, with the aim to build an understanding of:

  • what they are
  • the history and evolution between them
What I did not cover, was a couple of further questions:
  1. When to Use Them
  2. Can you Combine Them?
This link is a fantastic link that discusses item number one. Now, I can't tell how "right" or "accurate" he is, and I typically look down in comments for rebuttals and refutes (I didn't see any and most commenters seemed relatively uninformed on this topic).

He concludes that in East-West (inter-data center) traffic, DPDK wins, and in North-South traffic, SR-IOV wins.
https://www.telcocloudbridge.com/blog/dpdk-vs-sr-iov-for-nfv-why-a-wrong-decision-can-impact-performance/

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...