Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Layer 2 Testing


I downloaded this package this evening. It has to be compiled.

Works a bit like iPerf in a certain kind of way. You have to run a server on one side and a client on the other side.  Unfortunately I only had one Layer 2 side available to test. I will set up the other one - a Raspberry Pi - and then attempt to "ping" - via Layer 2 - between the two boxes.

https://dazdaztech.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/layer-2-ping/

Note: There's more to the story. I am using a virtual Layer 2 stack to do this.

1 comment:

Wittling said...

Tested this 5/25. Worked great, actually. Every once in a while an unrecognized packet would get detected and dumped out. Wasn't sure if this was the tool, or the Layer 2 stack. Might need to re-test this.

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...