Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Layer 2 Testing


I downloaded this package this evening. It has to be compiled.

Works a bit like iPerf in a certain kind of way. You have to run a server on one side and a client on the other side.  Unfortunately I only had one Layer 2 side available to test. I will set up the other one - a Raspberry Pi - and then attempt to "ping" - via Layer 2 - between the two boxes.

https://dazdaztech.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/layer-2-ping/

Note: There's more to the story. I am using a virtual Layer 2 stack to do this.

1 comment:

Wittling said...

Tested this 5/25. Worked great, actually. Every once in a while an unrecognized packet would get detected and dumped out. Wasn't sure if this was the tool, or the Layer 2 stack. Might need to re-test this.

NVIDIA Issue Back - I Think We Know More About the Cause

This morning the fans were running on the server. Apparently, ollama will fall back to the cpu if the gpu stops working or becomes unrecogni...