Thursday, December 7, 2017

OpenVSwitch Round III

Turns out that when I rebooted my boxes, nothing worked. I debugged the issue back to OpenVSwitch.

The problem is definitely the provider bridge on the Controller / Network node.

I *think* the problem is that I am using only a single interface on the Virtual Machine, and using that same interface for two purposes:

1. vxlan tunneling to OpenStack virtual machines (via the br-tun OpenVSwitch managed bridge.)
2. internet connectivity (via the br-provider OpenVSwitch managed bridge)

I have to verify this, but that is the hunch.

I have backed out OpenVSwitch once again, reverted back to linuxbridge-agent, and more research to follow.

NOTE: To use two interfaces on the VM means quite a bit of work. The interface ens3 on the VM connects to a bridge that connects to an adaptor on the host. I probably need to use two adaptors on the host, and I probably need additional network(s) created, which has routing implications.

Essentially it's a network redesign - or, we could say, expansion.


No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...