Turns out that when I rebooted my boxes, nothing worked. I debugged the issue back to OpenVSwitch.
The problem is definitely the provider bridge on the Controller / Network node.
I *think* the problem is that I am using only a single interface on the Virtual Machine, and using that same interface for two purposes:
1. vxlan tunneling to OpenStack virtual machines (via the br-tun OpenVSwitch managed bridge.)
2. internet connectivity (via the br-provider OpenVSwitch managed bridge)
I have to verify this, but that is the hunch.
I have backed out OpenVSwitch once again, reverted back to linuxbridge-agent, and more research to follow.
NOTE: To use two interfaces on the VM means quite a bit of work. The interface ens3 on the VM connects to a bridge that connects to an adaptor on the host. I probably need to use two adaptors on the host, and I probably need additional network(s) created, which has routing implications.
Essentially it's a network redesign - or, we could say, expansion.
A working notebook on technical topics like Linux, networking, security, and AI—field notes, experiments, and things I don’t want to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NVIDIA Issue Back - I Think We Know More About the Cause
This morning the fans were running on the server. Apparently, ollama will fall back to the cpu if the gpu stops working or becomes unrecogni...
-
After finishing up my last project, I was asked to reverse engineer a bunch of work a departing developer had done on Kubernetes. Immediat...
-
Initially, I started to follow some instructions on installing Kubernetes that someone sent to me in an email. I had trouble with those, s...
-
The process I have been using up to now, has been to download the generic cloud images from various Linux Dis...
No comments:
Post a Comment