Monday, April 26, 2021

Migrating from OpenStack to VMWare

Been a while since I have posted anything. The latest news, is that my employer has decided to replace OpenStack with VMWare. We had to do a side-by-side comparison POC (Proof of Concept), between VMWare with Contrail as the network SDN, and VMWare with NSX-T as the network SDN.

In the end, they chose NSX-T, and the architecture looked like:

  • Cloudify - Cloud Management  and Orchestration
  • VMWare vCenter Cloud (Private Cloud)
  • NSX-T - (I will probably blog more on NSX-T later)

So, I have had to go through a series of Bootcamp trainings on the following.

  • NSX-T
  • VeloCloud
 I will make some brief posts about these, as well as some other things, going forward.

 

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...