Monday, September 16, 2024

DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

I got this scary error when trying to run an upgrade on a cloud management system.

Here is what caused it:

1. The OS was CentOS 7.

2. The repositories for CentOS  7 were removed because CentOS 7 was End of Life (EOL). 

The repos were moved to an archive, and I have a post about how to update a Cent7 OS using archived repos in a previous post.

3. The upgrade was running Chef scripts that in turn were making yum update calls.


What effectively happened, was that the rpm database was getting corrupted. Which sounds frightening. But as it turns out, a post I found saved the day. Apparently rebuilding the rpm database is simple.

From this link, to give credit where credit is due: rebuilding the rpm database

$ mv /var/lib/rpm/__db* /tmp/
$ rpm --rebuilddb
$ yum clean all

No comments:

A Long Day with Morpheus CMP

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...