Tuesday, November 15, 2016

VRRP Testing - Note 1

First problem I ran into was with SeLinux. Apparently when the notify script wanted to write to an output file, SeLinux complained and prevented this. This made it impossible to tell if the script was even working, and therefore made it very hard to tell if VRRP / Keepalived was working.

I got around this by changing SeLinux to permissive in the /etc/selinux/conf file.

With permissive, it still complains, but does not prevent.


Next, I came to realize that the configuration parameters that were being used to start keepalived were in the /etc/sysconfig/keepalived folder.

I changed these parms to use -P -D -d -S 7.

The -P is for VRRP Only option.
-D is for Debug
-d is for dump config
-S is for log level, which is set to 7 for maximum logging.


With these changes, I noticed that BOTH virtual machines had a virtual IP, instead of just one. This surprised me. I expected only one to use the virtual IP and that it would switch back and forth.

But, doing some initial testing by disconnecting adaptors, I could see the state change being logged out to the log file.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...