Wednesday, November 16, 2016

VRRP Testing Note 2

In doing some extensive testing with VRRP with Keepalived, I was able to put it into Split Brain mode.

I have documented how I did this, and I will need to see if it is repeatable.

Here is one link that discusses troubleshooting for this, although I will need to find others.

https://www.atlantic.net/community/howto/vrrp-keepalived-configuration/

UPDATE: Here is another.

http://serverfault.com/questions/512153/both-servers-running-keepalived-become-master-and-have-a-same-virtual-ip

In his case on this link, here is the solution.

The problem has been resolved.
The problem was from the switch setting. When multicast filter mode is filter-all, the problem happened. The Keepalived runs O.K. when multicast filter mode is forward-all.
In his specific case, unicast could be the answer.

I realize that I do not have that mcast src ip in my file (don't think that is needed but I can add it).

I could also try to use PASS instead of AH. So I can experiment with that as well.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...