Thursday, March 16, 2017

NetFlow Kernel Module Programming

I have been doing some kernel module programming.This is not for kids.

Most examples on this are on kernels that pre-date the 3.10 kernels now in use (in other words, 2.6 kernels are the examples I mainly see that show how this magic is done).

But I've learned a bit from doing this. When I finally got into the more advanced kernel modules, where you need to start accessing data structures in C Programming language from the kernel headers, stuff started to not compile and I started to learn that the data structures have changed, et al.

The ultimate end to this is to write your own firewall using NetFlow. Will take some work.

But learning the NetFlow architecture, and how a packet traverses the NetFlow tables is very valuable because iptables is built on NetFlow.

I could write a lot more on this - but I'd bore you. I've compiled a lot of information and subject matter on this.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...