Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Percona XtraDB Cluster High Availability Training

Tuesday 5/23 through 5/26 I attended Percona Cluster High Availability training.

The instructor was very knowledgeable and experienced.

One of the topics we covered was the "pluggable", or module-based, architecture that allow different kinds / types of engines that can be used with the MySQL database.  He mentioned InnoDB, and how the Percona XtraDB is based off of the InnoDB engine.

We also covered tools and utilities, not only from MySQL, but 3rd Parties, including Percona (Percona Toolkit).

We spent some time on Administration, such as Backup and Recovery.

We then moved on into Galera replication, and used VirtualBox images to create and manage clusters of 3 databases.

I won't reproduce a full week of rather complex training topics and details in this blog, but it was good training. I will need to go back and revisit / review this information so that it doesn't go stale on me.

No comments:

A Long Day with Morpheus CMP

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...