Saturday, July 22, 2017

System Tap


I spent some time reading the Beginner's Guide to System Tap.

https://sourceware.org/systemtap/SystemTap_Beginners_Guide/

I learned the basics of writing, reading and compiling / running the system tap scripts.

I also enjoyed running the sample System Tap scripts that are mentioned specifically in Chapter 5 of this guide.

I wound up downloading a bunch of these; especially the networking ones.

Writing these efficiently would take some practice. But there is a good Reference Guide that can make the process of writing the scripts easier. The question is, could there be a use case for writing one of these scripts that someone hasn't already thought up, and written?

No comments:

A Long Day with Morpheus CMP

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...