Thursday, September 21, 2017

OpenVSwitch

Today I added a 2nd Compute Node (KVM).

I thought I would use OpenVSwitch on it.

This took me down a deep rabbit hole, as OpenVSwitch is a complex little bugger.

I installed the OpenVSwitch package, then the driver agent (on Compute Node). I wanted it to run in a Layer 2 mode because I had LinuxBridge Agent running on the first Compute Node and the Controller.

After setting OpenVSwitch up on the 2nd Compute node, I realized my external NIC was a bridge, so I tried to use veth pairs to make it work. Nope. As it turns out, the Controller (and L3 agent) seems to use drivers for OpenVSwitch OR LinuxBridge (not both). It appears that it is all or nothing and you cannot mix and match between LinuxBridgeAgent and OpenVSwitchAgent.

I backed it out and used / installed LinuxBridgeAgent.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...