Getting two Compute nodes to work was fairly straightforward.
You basically just install openstack-nova-compute, and your Neutron network plugin (linuxbridge-agent in my case).
The only question I had was whether two Compute Nodes can belong to the same OpenStack Region.
Thank goodness I found a ppt where a guy made it clear that one could run a slew of nodes in a single region (he had multiples in Region 1, and Region 2).
At one point, I decided I would install the OpenVSwitch on this second Compute Node. I'll probably write a second post on that. It did not appear to me that you could mix and match OpenVSwitch and LinuxBridge on different Compute Nodes (at least not easily?). This is because the Neutron L3 Agent config file has a driver field and only seems to accept one mode or the other. I could be wrong about this; more testing necessary. But I backed OpenVSwitch out and enabled LinuxBridge-Agent. Things seem to be working very well with the Linux Bridge Agent.
The Linux Bridge Agent creates Layer 2 Tap interfaces and puts these interfaces on a bridge. If you are using VXLAN protocol it will also manage those interfaces as well.
A working notebook on technical topics like Linux, networking, security, and AI—field notes, experiments, and things I don’t want to forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It Does Seem that AI LLMs Have "Bad Days"
My coding assistant seems to have been having a very very bad day. Not sure why, and I have never seen this behavior before. But this is why...
-
After finishing up my last project, I was asked to reverse engineer a bunch of work a departing developer had done on Kubernetes. Immediat...
-
Initially, I started to follow some instructions on installing Kubernetes that someone sent to me in an email. I had trouble with those, s...
-
The process I have been using up to now, has been to download the generic cloud images from various Linux Dis...
No comments:
Post a Comment