Thursday, September 21, 2017

OpenStack - Two Compute Nodes

Getting two Compute  nodes to work was fairly straightforward.

You basically just install openstack-nova-compute, and your Neutron  network plugin (linuxbridge-agent in my case).

The only question I had was whether two Compute Nodes can belong to the same OpenStack Region.

Thank goodness I found a ppt where a guy made it clear that one could run a slew of nodes in a single region (he had multiples in Region 1, and Region 2).

At one point, I decided I would install the OpenVSwitch on this second Compute Node. I'll probably write a second post on that. It did not appear to me that you could mix and match OpenVSwitch and LinuxBridge on different Compute Nodes (at least not easily?). This is because the Neutron L3 Agent config file has a driver field and only seems to accept one mode or the other. I could be wrong about this; more testing necessary. But I backed OpenVSwitch out and enabled LinuxBridge-Agent. Things seem to be working very well with the Linux Bridge Agent.

The Linux Bridge Agent creates Layer 2 Tap interfaces and puts these interfaces on a bridge. If you are using VXLAN protocol it will also manage those interfaces as well.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...