Friday, September 21, 2018

Can ETSI-MANO Architecture Framework work with Kubernetes?


This rather simple question has been difficult to answer.

The ONLY reference on the web about this, is a PDF I found that discusses using "Containerized" OpenStack, with OPNFV.

What is not clear to me, is whether this solution uses the "standards-based" descriptors, such as Network Service Descriptors (NSD), etc.

I finally went out on the OpenBaton board on Gitter and asked about this. Makes sense to hear what they have to say (if they respond) before we invest time going down that road.

Ideally, the Kubernetes would be a "VIM", I think, rather than an Openstack "VIM".

But I'm not sure. I need some help on this one.

No comments:

Fixing Clustering and Disk Issues on an N+1 Morpheus CMP Cluster

I had performed an upgrade on Morpheus which I thought was fairly successful. I had some issues doing this upgrade on CentOS 7 because it wa...